Become A Sponsor
August 19, 2021 - Movie Night
August 21, 2021 ‐ Kids 2K, The Anchorage Mile, The Military Mile, Family Health and Safety Day, Pasta Feed
August 22, 2021 ‐ 49K Ultra, Marathon, Marathon Walk, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, 5K
The Anchorage RunFest has been a staple event in the Anchorage community since 2008. Over the past few years, the race has evolved from a small running event into a world‐class marathon affair attracting runners from across the globe. The RunFest has become a much‐loved event in the Anchorage community and it is thanks to community member support that we have been able to realize our mission of encouraging a healthy lifestyle through running and exercise.
The Anchorage Running Club is a 501(c)(3) not‐for‐profit organization. Funds raised by the RunFest help support the club's mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through running and exercise. The RunFest is the main fundraiser for the ARC. The strength of the ARC and the success of the RunFest rely on the support and partnership of the Anchorage community.
Where Some of Our Funds Go
- College scholarships
- Kids' 2K - free registration
- High school athletic programs
- Support for other community events and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle
Community Support Has Made the RunFest a Success!
- 98.5% of participants surveyed said they would recommend RunFest to a friend.
- 68.2% of participants surveyed said they planned on participating in RunFest again.
- 59% of participants are women.
- 41% of participants are men.
- The median age of women is 39.
- The median age of men is 41.
- 75% of participants were from Alaska. Of those, 69% were from the Anchorage area.
- 24% of race participants were from the Lower 48.
- 1% of race participants were from foreign countries.
We are always appreciative of sponsor support to help defray some of the costs associated with putting on this event and to enable us to keep registration fees low. These fees do not cover the entire cost of putting on a race of this size. For 2017, the estimated costs were $250,000.
We welcome sponsorship of any size and offer opportunities to fit every budget either in cash or in‐kind donations. ARC appreciates the community support to realize its mission.
Major Costs Associated with Anchorage RunFest
- Police and Traffic Control
- Traffic Signs and Barricades
- Trail Usage Fees ($2 per runner)
- Aid Stations
- Finish Line and Race Day Operations
- Equipment and Sound
- Facilities and Truck Rental
- Advertising and Marketing
- Pasta Feed
- Registration and Timing
- Finisher Medals
- Volunteer Apparel
Partner With Us
The Anchorage RunFest proudly recognizes all sponsors, partners and supporters. We advertise the RunFest through a variety of media sources and actively participate in social media. We are always open to new ideas and will be happy to discuss other ways to promote and acknowledge your sponsorship.
Gold: $5,000 + (includes in‐kind)
Silver: $3,000+ (includes in-kind)
Bronze: $2,000+ (includes in-kind)
Supporting: Under $2,000 (includes in-kind)
- 2021 Events which remain available for sponsorship inlclude: Anchorage RunFest 5K, Family Health & Safety Day, and the Pasta Feed.
Download the 2020 sponsorship handout (a pdf file) for your use. A 2021 version will be posted when it is available.
Please contact the RunFest Race Director to discuss sponsorship opportunities.