Race Day Amenities and Support
Below were the prerace activities offered in 2019.
- 7:30 AM - United Physical Therapy began taping in the Medical Tent by the Start/Finish
- 7:30 AM - Natural Health Center began stretching and taping in their tent in Town Square
- 7:30 AM - Movement Clinic began masssage therapy, stretching, and taping in their tent in Town Square
- 8:00 AM - Pre-race group warm-up in front of the starting chute
All aid stations, with the exception of the 49K first turnaround, will have water and Gatorade®. Water only will be provided at that station. The event does not provide food at any of the aid stations. This is a "BYOG" event, so runners are urged to pack some Gu (or another energy gel of your choice) if they will need it. Aid stations are located approximately every 2 miles. For exact locations, please see the RunFest All Races Combo Map.
Three medical tents were available to runners: one at the start/finish, one at Westchester Lagoon, and one at the easternmost point (the turn around roundabout) of the 49K-marathon-half marathon route. Medical personnel also patroled the entire course and provided medical support as well as transportation for injured runners.
Race Tip: Runners were encouraged to write their full name, age and emergency contact person and phone number on the back of their bib. It’s always a good idea to include any drug allergies or relevant medical conditions. This is vital information for medical personnel if you should become disoriented or incapacitated.
Finish Line Food and Water
Racers' appetites were well provided for at the 2019 finish by the following:
- Clear Alaskan Glacial: bottled water, made in Alaska
- Franz Bakery: grilled cheese sandwiches
- Great Harvest Bread Company: thick slices of freshly baked bread
- Humpy's Great Alaskan Ale House: fresh fruit
- H2O to go: AWWU's mobile fresh water source
- Kaladi Brothers: coffee
- Spenard Roadhouse: bacon station
Skinny Raven results, age group awards, and a selfie screen will all be located in the bricked area just west of the PAC (near the end of the finish line chute).
2019 post-race massages were offered by the following in Town Square:
- United Physical Therapy - Post-Race Massage and Recovery beginning at 10:00 AM
- Captain Cook Athletic Club - Chair Massages
- Movement Clinic - Massage Therapy
- Natural Health Center - Massage Therapy
Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse provided a beer garden on F Street exclusively for runners 21 and over. Those who partook in this well-deserved post-race treat had to have a valid ID card on their person as well as their race bib. No one, no matter how old they are, was admitted to the beer garden without proper ID.
Post Race Showers
The Hotel Captain Cook invited runners to shower at the athletic club after the race. The club is located on the lower level of the Hotel; runners showed their bib at the front desk. 939 W. 5th Avenue.