The Anchorage Milesponsored by GCI
Saturday, August 19, 2017 -- 11:00 AM
The Anchorage Mile begins in downtown Anchorage on the south side of the Delaney Park Strip at the intersection of West 10th Avenue and G Street. Runners will complete one and a half loops of the following course:
- Head east (towards the mountains) until reaching E Street. Turn left on E Street (north) and left again (west) on West 9th Street. Continue along the edge of the Delaney Park Strip till reaching I Street. Take another left turn (south). Turn left (east) again at West 10th Avenue. Cross the starting line. This is one loop.
The second half loop ends at the intersection of G Street and West 9th Avenue -- on the north side of the Delaney Park Strip.
The Anchorage Mile is USATF certified.
The Anchorage Mile field is limited to the first 150 entrants.
The Anchorage Mile will start on 10th Avenue between H Street and I Streets. The finish will be at the intersection of 9th Avenue and G Street. See the schedule below for heat start times.
The race will consist of six heats.
- #1 - 11:00 AM: females running over a 6 minute / mile pace
- #2 - 11:15 AM: males running over a 6 minute / mile pace
- #3 - 11:30 AM: fast females running under a 6 minute / mile pace
- #4 - 11:45 AM: fast males running under a 6 minute / mile pace
- #5 - 12:00 PM: The Military Mile (see below)
- #6 - 12:15 PM: males and females (combined) running over a 12 minute / mile pace
The Military Mile
Anchorage RunFest will host its second Military Mile in 2017. Active military members will have the option to register* for the Military Mile choosing the branch of service in which they currently serve. The purpose of the Military Mile is two fold. We wish to honor those who serve our country by giving them their own race-within-a-race and we want to help foster pride in their respective branches. In 2016 this military heat field will be limited to 100 entries. Of those entries, the times of the top five finishers from each branch of service will be added. The branch with the lowest cumulative time will win this year's Military Mile, an honor we hope will be hotly contested year after year.
The winning branch will have the honor of displaying The Military Mile trophy for one year. It will then return to the RunFest for the following year's champions.
*Entry for military personnel running the Military Mile is FREE. Please email Sharron Fisherman for the discount code to use when you register online. Online registratioin will open November 1, 2016.
Awards / Prizes
Anchorage RunFest offered the following cash prizes in 2016. Stay tuned for 2016 prizes.
- 1st Place: $75
- 2nd Place: $50
- 3rd Place: 25
Additionally, the first male and/or female to break the previous record for The Anchorage Mile will receive a bonus $50. All prize money earned by NCAA athletes will be allocated in accordance with NCAA regulations.
All finishers will receive an event medal.