Family Health and Safety Day
Saturday, August 21, 2021 -- 10:00 AM -12:30 PM
Family Health and Safety Day takes place on the Park Strip immediately following the Children's Hospital at Providence Kids' 2K.
Anchorage RunFest and the Anchorage Running Club hope that the fun experienced at the Kids' 2K event carries on throughout the year through running, exercise, and well chosen activities. In this spirit we present Famly Health and Safety Day -- a gathering of representatives from many facets of a healthy life -- for both kids and adults. Maintaining good health will also be represented by several medical practices and the importance of safety throughout our daily lives.
Our 2019 Exhibitors were:
- Alaska Association of Figure Skaters
- Alaska Autism Resource Center
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game
- Alaska Junior Theater
- Bike Anchorage
- Children's Hospital at Providence
- FIre Station #1 Fire Truck
- Girls on the Run
- Healthy Futures
- Life Med - ambulance
- Vision Screening - Lions District #49
- Safe Kids - cold water life jacket use
Additional activities provided by The Children's Hospital at Providence and others:
- Bounce House - Pediatrics / PICU
- Coping Skills Spinning Wheel - Children's Emergency Care / AEMAl
- Giant Bubbles - Alaska Pediatri Surgery &Oncology
- Mylar Balloons - Alaska Children's Heart
- Small Children Activities - Maternity Outpatient Clinics & Services
Also attending and supporting our event:
- Franz Bakery - Cookies
- Kaladi Brothers - Coffee
- Papa Murphy's - Pizza
Other Saturday RunFest Events
The day has just begun! Anchorage RunFest has a host of fun activities which take place on this Saturday. They are:
- The Anchorage Mile -- beginning at 11:00 AM - a sprint race circling the park strip. Watch Anchorage's fastest racers!
- The Military Mile -- taking off at 11:40 AM - a sprint race between the six branches of our active military. Cheer on our local heroes!
- The Community Mile -- beginning at noon. This is a one mile run for males and females of all abilities.