Family Health and Safety Daysponsored by Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
Saturday, August 18, 2017 -- 10:00 AM -12:30 PM
Family Health and Safety Day takes place on the Park Strip immediately following the Kids' 2K.
Anchorage RunFest and the Anchorage Running Club hope that the fun experienced at the Kids' 2K event carries on throughout the year through running, exercise, and well chosen activities. In this spirit we present Famly Health and Safety Day -- a gathering of representatives from many of Anchorage sports and after-school programs -- for both kids and adults. Maintaining good health will also be represented by several medical practices and the importance of safety throughout our daily lives will be covered as well.
Our 2017 Exhibitors at Family Health and Safety Day were:
Health - Physical and Social Activities :
- Alaska Association of Figure Skaters
- Alaska Club
- Anchorage Ultimate Summer League / Adult League
- Body Renew
- Healthy Futures
- Nordic Association of Anchorage: Junior Nordic
Health - Medical & Social:
- Anchorage Department of Municipal Health
- Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
- Children's Hospital at Providence
- Denali Family Services
- Medical Park Family Care
- Red Cross
- Anchorage Fire Department -- Fire Station #1 Engine
- Franz Bakery
- Kaladi Brothers Coffee
- Superman Movers (popcorn)
If you are an interested exhibitor, please contact our Family Health & Safety Day Coordinator.
Other RunFest Events
The day has just begun! Anchorage RunFest has a host of fun activities which take place on this Saturday. They are:
- The Anchorage Mile -- beginning at 11:00 AM - a sprint race circling the park strip. Watch Anchorage's fastest racers!
- The Military Mile -- taking off at noon - a sprint race between the six branches of our active military. Cheer on our local heroes!
- Anchorage RunFest Health and Fitness Expo -- often held in the Dena'ina Center, 600 West Seventh Avenue, from 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM - a host of exhibitors bringing their best products to show to the running community.